Every year the students at Whitmer High School have a head start on their future by enrolling in a Career & Technology program. Career Tech Education is no longer considered a "less than" college prep route, but an ideal way to develop a well-rounded, career and college ready student who will be advanced in the career path they choose when they graduate from high school.
DID YOU REALIZE THAT...
- If you are enrolled in a career tech program you can begin earning college credit before you ever walk onto a college campus;
- The CTC programs give you the opportunity to obtain industry-recognized certifications before you graduate;
- Students can be released from school to work with business and industries in the trained field;
- Students have the opportunity for membership in the National Technical Honor Society;
- There are scholarship opportunities for career tech students;
- There are leadership opportunities by being involved in a co-curricular Career-Tech Student Organization; and
- We offer customer service to the community; stop by and take advantage of reasonable prices for these services.
All services are performed by high school students under the supervision of certified instructors.
- Services are offered for your car through the Automotive Technology program which includes oil changes, wheel alignment, and brakes;
- Our Campus Cafe is the perfect place to stop in for a fantastic lunch. Lunch is served Thursday and Friday from 11:00 to 12:30. We also offer catering services; and
- The Cosmetology program offers hair styling, coloring, chemical relaxing, permanent waves, manicures and pedicures.
As a career tech student you will receive training in today's technologies using the necessary equipment which will provide you with real-world experience. Success in college is enhanced by providing strong, relevant academics as well as job shadowing, mentoring, and internships.
Director, Career & Technical Education
For technical questions and comments regarding this website, including accessibility concerns, please contact the Webmaster.