Greenwood Elementary School, home of the Knights, has approximately 430 students in grades kindergarten through six. Our vision for education is to develop a fun, educational environment by encouraging each student to:
- build a strong academic foundation for life experiences and future success;
- develop a life-long love of learning;
- nurture respect and appreciate the diversity of life;
- become an independent thinker who is an asset to the community; and
- realize his or her full intellectual, social and physical potential.
Greenwood has a wonderful, caring and experienced staff that works very closely with parents to help students achieve to the best of their abilities. Students are recognized for academic success, great effort, and citizenship.
Greenwood has earned a number of academic and athletic honors over the past few years. They include:
- 2011 Governor's Buckeye Best Healthy School Gold award
- 2010-2011 Back-to-back WLS Quiz Bowl Champions
- 2010 WLS Boys Cross Country Champions
- 2010-2012 Back-to-back-to-back National Champion Competition Cheerleading Squad
- 2010-2012 Back-to-back-to-back Boys 5th through 6th Grade Baseball Champions
- 2010 Boys 6th Grade WLS Basketball Champions
- 2011 Boys 6th Grade WLS Basketball Runner-ups
- 2010 Boys 5th Grade WLS Basketball Champions
- 2011 Boys 5th Grade WLS Basketball Runner-ups
- 2010 World's Largest Concert Participants
- 2011 WLS Overall Team Cross County Champions
- 2011 Boys WLS Cross Country Champions
- 2012 Highest performance index in the history of Greenwood Elementary
- 2012 3rd through 4th Grade Baseball Champions
- 2012 5th though 8th Grade Soccer Champions
- 2012 Girls WLS Cross Country Champions
- 2013 5th Grade Boys WLS Basketball Runner-ups
- 2013 6th Grade Boys WLS Basketball Runner-ups
- 2013 6th Grade WLS Volleyball Champions
- 2013 Girls 4th-5th Grade Softball Champions
- 2014 6th Grade Boys WLS Basketball Runner-ups
- 2015 5th Grade Girls WLS Basketball Runner-ups
- 2015 6th Grade Boys WLS Basketball Champions
- 2015 6th Grade WLS Volleyball Runner-ups
- 2016 6th Grade Boys WLS Basketball Champions
- 2016 6th Grade Girls WLS Basketball Champions
- 2016 6th Grade WLS Volleyball Champions
- 2017 6th Grade Boys WLS Basketball Champions
- 2017 6th Grade WLS Volleyball Champions
At Greenwood, anything is possible and we make sure our students know that! One day our students will be Whitmer Panthers and that is something to be very excited about. Whitmer was recently voted the best public high school in Toledo for the third straight year!
I look forward to meeting all of our new families and welcoming them into the family that is Greenwood and Washington Local Schools.
We are GREENWOOD!!