How do I update my Chromebook?
The best way to keep your Chromebook updated is to log in, use it, and then shut it down by clicking on the clock area and the click on the Power icon. Simply closing the lid will not allow your Chromebook to update itself.
Sometimes a Chromebook can get 'stuck' and it will refuse to update on its own. It only takes a few clicks to either verify that your Chromebook is update or to help it get updated.
Chrome Version 60+
- Click on the clock area
- Click on the gear (settings)
- Click on the three horizontal lines (options)
- Click on 'About Chrome OS'
- Click on 'Check for Updates'
- You will need to restart your Chromebook and log in to complete the update.
This process only takes a few minutes and it will save you hours of frustration if your Chromebook is too far out of date.
The target version as of 11/18/2020 is version 85.