Get your National Career Readiness Certificate today!
Prove to employers you have what it takes
The National Career Readiness Certificate™ (NCRC®) is based on an individual’s performance on three WorkKeys® skills assessments: Applied Mathematics, Locating Information, and Reading for Information.
Scores on these assessments determine the certificate level (bronze, silver, gold, or platinum)an individual can earn.
These assessments measure a range of essential work skills, including the ability to:
- Perform basic mathematic operations relevant to the workplace
- Read and understand documents commonly found in the workplace
- Find information presented in common workplace graphics
- Set up and solve complex work-related math problems
- Determine the relevance of written information to work-related tasks
- Apply information derived from graphics to work-related problems
The NCRC gives individuals proof that they possess the skills employers deem essential to workplace success. This improves career outcomes for everyone from people just entering the workforce to longtime employees—and it enhances employers’ hiring, training, and promotion decisions.
What is WorkKeys?
WorkKeys is a job skills assessment system measuring "real-world" skills that employers believe are critical to job success.
Resource: Document your Skills, Career Seeker Brochure (http://www.act.org/content/dam/act/unsecured/documents/NCRC-CareerSeekersBrochure.pdf)
Sample Test Questions
Click here to try some sample test questions. Or here for more.
Understanding & Applying your Scores
1. Sample score report
2. Click here to search the jobs in the ACT JobPro database.
- Search by JOB TITLE, CAREER CLUSTER, or JOB DESCRIPTION.
- Click on the job that interests you.Notice the recommended skills levels - this corresponds to the scores you received on your Career Readiness Certificate.
- Ask yourself - how do I match up? What are my strengths? What are my weaknesses?
3. More ways to use your scores
- Add key information about your WorkKeys scores or National Career Readiness Certificate to your application or resume.
- Take your WorkKeys score report or National Career Readiness Certificate along with you when you go to a job interview to show the employer that you have the skills needed for the job.
- Include your WorkKeys scores in your application materials for a community or technical college.
- Give employers your National Career Readiness Certificate number or unique web address to verify your certificate.
There are two ways to get your certificate:
- Your assessment provider pays for and provides the certificate to you.
- Your assessment provider does not provide the NCRC to you, so you create a free account on MyWorkKeys.com,* gaining access to your score transcripts and your NCRC achievement details.
*NOTE: It is possible a MyWorkKeys.com account was already created for you. If so, you may have received a physical certificate or an email that contains the information you need to access your MyWorkKeys.com account. Please see Accessing Your Pre-Created Account Quick Start Guide (PDF)