- In classrooms, on mobile devices, and at home, BrainPOP engages students through animated movies, learning games, interactive quizzes, primary source activities, concept mapping, and more. Our award-winning resources include BrainPOP Jr. (K-3), BrainPOP, BrainPOP Español, and, for English language learners, BrainPOP ESL. They cover topics within Science, Math, Social Studies, English Language Arts, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Music, Health, Reading, and Writing. Our content is carefully mapped to the Common Core, aligned to academic standards, and searchable with our online Standards Tool.
- The number one site for online educational games for kids of all ages.
Grolier's Online Encyclopedia
- Providing credible, accurate, reliable content on almost every core-curricula subject, Scholastic Go!® offers endless resources for research in a multitude of media. Explore nonfiction texts, world newspapers, videos and more with this easy-to-navigate digital resource designed to strengthen content knowledge, vocabulary, and core proficiency skills. *Password required - Please see teacher*
- INFOhio, Ohio's PreK-12 digital library, works with Ohio public libraries, university libraries, and the State Library of Ohio to provide a collection of digital resources to everyone in the state, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Through wise use of state and federal funds, we’re able to provide all Ohio PreK-12 educators, students, and their parents with free access to our online resources and INFOhio services. *Password required - Please see teacher*
- Our mission is to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. A personalized learning resource for all ages Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Our math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences, and MIT to offer specialized content.
- PBS KIDS is committed to making a positive impact on the lives of children through curriculum-based entertainment with positive role models and content designed to nurture a child’s total well-being. With a 360-degree approach towards learning and reaching children, PBS KIDS leverages the full spectrum of media and technology to build knowledge, critical thinking, imagination and curiosity. PBS KIDS encourages children to interact as respectful citizens in a diverse society. By involving parents, teachers, caregivers and communities as learning partners, PBS KIDS helps to empower children for success in school and in life. PBS’ bottom line is measured by how much it contributes to the welfare of America’s children.
- Up to date information about your student's educational career. In PowerSchool you can find information about your student's attendance, previous and current academic progress, and review SchoolNet assessment results. SchoolNet is online district administered common assessments.
- Reading Rockets is a national multimedia project that offers a wealth of research-based reading strategies, lessons, and activities designed to help young children learn how to read and read better. Our reading resources assist parents, teachers, and other educators in helping struggling readers build fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension skills.
- Looking for engaging ways to introduce your child to reading or to encourage your teen to write? Need some age-appropriate book suggestions or rainy day activities? The materials here are your answer—all of them created by experts to be fun, educational, and easy to use outside of school.
- Activities, Books, and Parent Resources.
- Schoolnet provides parents and students with a quick and easy view of the student’s performance based on the most relevant data. Parents can access their child’s report card grades, state assessment information, attendance, and benchmark (unit) assessment results. Students in grades 2-12 take benchmark (unit) assessments in English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
- Starfall.com is a program service of Starfall Education Foundation, a 501(c)(3) public charity. The website opened in September of 2002 as a free public service and social enterprise supported by the Polis-Schutz family. On July 1, 2015, the Polis-Schutz family donated their full interest in Starfall to the Starfall Education Foundation. Starfall has been teaching children to read with phonics for well over a decade. Our systematic approach, in conjunction with audiovisual interactivity is perfect for preschool, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, special education, homeschool, and English language development (ELD, ELL, ESL). Starfall is an educational alternative to other entertainment choices for children.
Student News Net
- SNN had its origins from 1999-2003 as a student news section within a major broadcast network's website. SNN has been continuously produced as an independent site since 2003. SNN today has the same two areas of focus that it had in 2003 to: 1) motivate students to learn through producing compelling, relevant, original and interesting content aligned to proven principles of learning and curricular goals/standards, and 2) research and publish content to support students’ quest to identify successful career paths.
Toledo Lucas County Public Library
- Mission: Engage all of our communities, inspire lifelong learning, and provide universal access to a broad range of information, ideas, and entertainment. Education is a very large category containing information on homework helper, GED classes, proctoring, Ready to Read, teacher resources, and college.