Download PDF version of 2021-2022 Strategic Plan Executive Summary
Every Student Matters. Every Moment Counts
- All families have dreams for their children and want what is best for them. They send us their very best each day.
- We work to support all families’ visions of success for their children.
- The responsibility for building and sustaining family partnerships rests with us.
- All students and staff deserve a physically and social-emotionally safe environment.
Together we cultivate Empathy, Integrity, Communication, Adaptability, Lifelong Learning, and Critical Thinking in our students by championing safe and inspiring schools.
Strategic Plan Focus Area
Priority 1: Teaching/Learning & Innovation
Plan personalized learning experiences that cultivate skills, mindsets, and literacies essential for all students to become lifelong learners and contributors to our community.
- High quality professional learning
- Digitally rich and inspiring instruction
- Comprehensive, relevant, and evolving curriculum
Priority 2: Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Create a welcoming and inclusive environment, values diverse perspectives, and fosters engagement across a safe school community.
- Inclusive and welcoming environments
- Respect for diverse perspectives
- Engaging, positive, and safe community
Priority 3: Talent Development
Elevate all staff, in the service of students, with human resources systems that attract, grow, and retain innovative and diverse talent equipped to realize the district’s vision.
- Active recruiting that reflects our population and values
- Supportive environments that encourage growth, leadership opportunities, and job satisfaction
Priority 4: Community Engagement
Nurture and cultivate an engaged community through consistent and effective communication.
- Increased communication to families, alumni, and partners
- Strengthening partnerships, internships, and relationships
- Increased visibility of our district brand
Priority 5: Finance & Facilities
Demonstrate financial responsibility ensuring that every dollar spent enhances and adds value for our students, staff, and community.
- Enhancement, development, and protection of funding streams that support the longevity of the district
- Safe, secured, and accessible facilities
Portrait of a Panther
The Portrait of a Panther provides the North Star for Washington Local Schools by identifying the competencies every student and staff member should demonstrate.
Consistently demonstrates awareness, compassion, and respect for others’ feelings, thoughts, beliefs, and culture
Skillfully evaluates available evidence and challenges established ideas with rational, open-minded, and informed reasoning
Listens to understand, and then communicates thoughts and ideas in a variety of forms
Develops and lives by a set of personal values, earning trust and respect through honest, principled, and compassionate behavior
Remains flexible in a climate of constant change by reflecting and productively responding to feedback
Remains curious, actively seeks answers, pursues diverse perspectives, and is driven by the desire to learn, unlearn, and relearn