Urban Air "Fly Higher" Summer Internship and Scholarship Program
About Urban Air
Urban Air is the world’s fastest growing indoor adventure park system. With over 200 stores nationwide, and sales in the 100s of millions, Urban Air is becoming the most-recognized brand in family entertainment.
Urban Air Toledo opened in the Winter of 2020 and has quickly become one of the networks highest- revenue stores. With over 100 employees, Urban Air Toledo offers an exciting and fun work environment. Urban Air Toledo employees gain valuable experience, grow in their leadership, and make an impact on people’s lives.
- Weekly leadership development training with ownership.
- Work experience in multiple areas of business operations including: management, building management, accounting, HR, marketing and sales, customer relations, café, cash management, inventory, venture capital, and strategic development.
- Networking with area business and community leaders.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Opportunity for FT management employment.
$500.00 Scholarship upon program completion.
- High School graduate
- Age 18-22
- Able to commit to 40 hours a week for 10 weeks (able to take one week off).
- Current college GPA of 3.25 or higher; high school GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Able to commit to development schedule at minimum 90% completion.
Selection Criteria and Process:
1. Fill out application.
Application due by May 21st. Application Link
Piping Industry/Trade School Scholarship
The Piping Industry Professionals and Employers are very excited to offer a new scholarship to seniors interested in joining the piping industry. This $2,000.00 scholarship was created and designed to encourage graduates from Northwest Ohio to join the piping industry through multiple avenues. The scholarship will be awarded to five students annually.
Applicants must be a graduating senior from one of schools listed below, but not limited to:
Toledo Public Schools
Washington Local Schools
Penta Career Center
Vanguard-Sentinel Career & Technology Centers
Four County Career Center
Millstream Career Center
And with the intent to enter the construction industry through one of the following:
Building Trades or Mechanical Equipment Service Apprenticeship at the Piping Industry Training Center
Hobart Institute of Welding Technology
Lincoln Electric Welding School
Owens Community College
Northwest State Community College
Terra State Community College
Applicants must be a citizen of the United States and resident of a county located in Northwest Ohio.
To apply for the Piping Industry Professionals and Employers (PIPE) scholarship, students will need to submit the following:
Completed and signed PIPE scholarship application and contact information page.
Completed apprenticeship application turned into the Piping Industry Training Center. (if applicable)
Proof of acceptance to community college, Lincoln, or Hobart Welding/Tech. program. (if applicable)
Academic Letter of Recommendation (not to exceed one page) from your high school principal, counselor, or one of your instructors, printed on school letterhead and signed.
Letter of Character Reference (not to exceed one page) from a non-related adult, coach, mentor, boss, religious leader, volunteer supervisor, etc.
Academic Transcript with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
Applications and all requested items must be received no later than June 1, 2021 to:
MCA of NW Ohio
Attention: PIPE Scholarship Committee
7550 Caple Boulevard
Northwood, Ohio 43619
Kurdys Family Scholarship
This scholarship will honor a student who will attend a 4-year college to obtain a degree in Math or Science.
- Must have a 3.5 or higher GPA
- Must have a B or higher in all Math or Science courses
- Must be attending a 4 year college to obtain a degree in Math or Science or a Math or Science related field (such as pre-Med or Nursing, Engineering)
- Has not received financial aid which exceeds one-half of the actual college expenses for freshman year (not including aid from parents)
- Be a well-rounded student with academic achievement, involvement in the community and involvement in school activities and/or athletics.
Essay question of 250-300 words typed, double-spaced with a 12 pt. font on one of the following prompts.
1. What is one thing you are proud of and why.
2. Describe why you feel you are the best candidate to receive the scholarship.
Recommendation letter from a teacher, employer, counselor, community leader or other appropriate person who is not a family member.
The Kurdys Family Scholarship application can be found HERE
. The scholarship application is due by April 1, 2021.
Conn-Weissenberger American Legion Post
This scholarship is available to the children, grandchildren, or siblings of an American Legion eligible veteran (this includes anyone currently on active duty). Scholarship funds can be used to help with your first year of Trade School or College.
Scholarship applications can be found HERE
or picked up in the Counseling Center.
Applications are due by March 26, 2021 to Ms. Fairchild in the Counseling Center.
Directions Credit Union Scholarships
Every year, Directions awards (3) $1,000 scholarships to students attending private high schools and (3) $1,000 scholarships to students pursuing a college/post-secondary education.
To apply, the applicant must be a member of Directions Credit Union or have a parent or grandparent that is a member. All Directions Credit Union employees, board members, and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate. Financial need is not a criterion. All applicants will receive consideration for the Scholarship without regard to sex, color, national origin or ancestry, religion, or handicap. The deadline to apply is March 7, 2021.
The Ohio Credit Union Foundation Scholarship
In keeping with the spirit of the credit union philosophy of People Helping People, the Ohio Credit Union Foundation is offering three scholarships towards college tuition. The first-place winner will receive $5,000, second place $2,500, and third place a $1,000 scholarship. Students are encouraged to submit video applications now through April 30, 2021.
Applicants must be a member of an Ohio-based credit union who is in good standing and currently attends or has been accepted to attend an accredited college or university, in pursuit of an undergraduate degree, may apply. Proof of acceptance/enrollment will need to be submitted upon request. Please visit The Ohio Credit Union Foundation website
to view the Official Rules and submit your video entry.
Lucas County Farm Bureau
Lucas County Farm Bureau offers numerous scholarships to qualifying students. Four $1,000 active member scholarships are available: The William Carstensen Scholarship, The Walter Heilmann Scholarship, The Kenneth Bostelman Scholarship and The Raymond Cedoz Scholarship. These scholarships were established in honor of these gentlemen who shared their enthusiastic and dedicated leadership to the Lucas County Farm Bureau. Each scholarship recipient will also receive a membership to the Lucas County Farm Bureau.
- Applicants must be either enrolled as a full-time student in a two or four-year college/university as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- In order to be eligible for a scholarship, you or your parents/legal guardian must be a Lucas County Farm Bureau member prior to the application process or have attended a summer Farm Bureau Youth Conference.
- Priority will be given to those majoring in an agricultural or environmental related area.
Letters of Recommendation: Two letters from adult leaders, mentors and/or educators describing the applicant's academic, community service and/or leadership experiences. Letters may not be written by the applicant, anyone under 21 years of age, or anyone related to the applicant or serving as a legal guardian. Contact information (at least one phone number) should be included for each reference.
Transcripts: Copy(ies) of your most recent High School and/or College/Technical School transcripts.
Photograph: Please submit a recent photograph.
Monroe County Community College Scholarships
Each year, The Foundation at MCCC makes available over $775,000 in scholarship exclusively for MCCC students. Not all scholarships are need-based or require high grade point averages or full-time status. Many are program specific, and offered in traditional and technical career training programs. The good news is that you will be able to complete the application process completely online. Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis until exhausted. Apply as early as possible. Remember, you must Apply for Admission
to qualify for Monroe County Community College scholarships! Good Luck!
The application deadline is March 1st 2021.
You can find the link to the scholarship information and applications here: MCCC Scholarships
For more information on scholarship opportunities or questions, please contact the Financial Aid office at (734) 384-4135.
OAPSE Local 279 Scholarship
This scholarship is for graduating high school seniors of the class of 2021. These seniors may be from any school district providing their parent or legal guardian is an OAPSE 279 member in good standing.
Scholarship application includes:
- A copy of the OAPSE member's current union card
- Student's GPA
- Student's highest ACT or SAT scores
- Student's class rank
- An official copy of the student's high school transcripts, including the 12th grade report
- Two letters of recommendation. Only one of the two letters of recommendation must come from a representative of the high school. It is the applicant's options whether the school provides both
- A representative from the applicant's high school must complete and sign all required forms
- The essay should be 1-2 pages and double spaced. Please write your essay about yourself - "Future and Career"
The completed application and all other documentation materials must be received in one envelope. This envelope must be returned to Karen Gilliam at McGregor Elementary by March 12, 2021. No incomplete forms will be considered.
Please pick up scholarship forms from the Counseling Center. See Ms. Fairchild or Mrs. Boes in the Counseling Center with any questions.
OAPSE/AFSCME Memorial Scholarship
Any graduating high school senior who is a daughter or son of an active OAPSE/AFSCME member or whose legal guardian is an active OAPSE/AFSCME member and who intends to enroll in a full-time degree program in any two (2) or four (4) year accredited university, college, business or technical school is eligible to apply for a scholarship. The scholarships may be used for any field of study. Under the program, scholarships of $2,500.00 each are awarded to at least one winner from each of the ten (10) OAPSE Districts selected from the applicants who meet the eligibility requirements. To be eligible, all information or supportive documentation requested in the application must be received by the committee by March 1 each year.
Click HERE for the link to the scholarship applications.
College Board Opportunity Scholarships
The College Board Opportunity Scholarships offer nearly $5 million in scholarships each year as a way to reward you for your efforts to plan and pay for college. The program is currently open to the Class of 2021 and 2022. Click HERE for scholarship requirements and applications.
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. - Toledo Alumnae Chapter Scholarship
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Toledo Alumnae Chapter has established a scholarship fund for
African-American/Hispanic female high school seniors who wish to enroll in a four-year degree
program on a full–time basis at any accredited college or university. The scholarship will be
awarded to the most well rounded candidate based on scholarship, community service and
- Candidates must hold an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Candidates must be actively involved in the community. Community involvement may include civic and/or church activities.
- Candidates whose grandmothers, mother or sisters are members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. are
ineligible to receive this scholarship.
Click HERE for the scholarship application.
Point Place Association Scholarship Foundation
1. You must be a senior in High School and live in the 43611 zip code
2. You cannot be related to a member of the Point Place Business Association
Scholarship application deadline is March 2, 2021
Click HERE for the scholarship application
The Horace and Letitia Newton Scholarship Fund
This fund was established by Horace and Letitia Newton to provide scholarship grants to graduates of Toledo area schools.
- Must be a senior at, or a graduate of, a Toledo area high school
- Must be a full-time student at an accredited college or university for the full term of the scholarship
- Must have a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Must not be an employee of KeyBank National Association or any of its affiliates. Immediate relatives of any such employees are also ineligible.
Click HERE for the scholarship application
The George C. Beinke Scholarship Fund
This fund was established by George C. Beinke to provide scholarship grants to graduates of Toledo area schools who will be attending The University of Toledo.
- Applicants must be a senior at, or a graduate of, a Toledo area high school.
- Applicants must be a full-time student at The University of Toledo for the full term of the scholarship.
- Applicants must have above average grades. This requirement will generally be interpreted to be satisfied by a GPA of at least 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must not be an employee of KeyBank National Association or any of its affiliates. Immediate relatives of any such employees are also ineligible
Click HERE for the scholarship application
The Ability Center College Scholarship
Ensuring students with disabilities have opportunities to achieve a higher education is critical. The Ability Center offers college scholarships to area students with disabilities. The application deadline is March 31, 2021.
- Be an individual with a disability
- Have a permanent address in Lucas, Wood, Fulton, Henry, Ottawa, Defiance, Williams county in Ohio or in Monroe or Lenawee county in Michigan
- Carry at least a 3.0 GPA
- Be enrolled in a post-secondary degree program
The Bonnie Eddy Educational Supply and Book Grant
The NW Region Executive Committee of the Ohio School Boards Association is comprised of elected school board members who take pride in providing support to high school seniors demonstrating an interest in the teaching profession. The NW Region OSBA proudly awards a minimum of $2000.00 in educational support annually through the Bonnie Eddy Educational Supply and Book Grant (BEES-BG). All seniors in Northwest Ohio whose school district is a member of the Ohio School Boards Association (OSBA) is eligible to apply for one of the $500.00 BEES-BG awards. The recipients of the BEES-BG are invited guests at one of the Northwest Region’s annual Fall Conferences in October, 2021 where special recognition is provided to the recipients, districts, and board members. You can find the link to the application HERE.
The Toledo Jewish Community Foundation
The Toledo Jewish Community Foundation will be awarding college scholarships to students who wish to attend college in Northwest Ohio for the 2021-2022 academic year. These funds were established to provide need based financial assistance to students who demonstrate academic success coupled with involvement in the Toledo Jewish community. Applications will not be reviewed or processed unless all materials requested are submitted with the application returned no later than February 28, 2021.
Click HERE to find the scholarship criteria form. Click HERE to find the scholarship application.
Light the Way Scholarship
This scholarship is set up by April Johnson in remembrance of her daughter Angelina who attended Washington Local Schools. Light The Way believes that, by bonding together and embracing one another’s differences, we not only heal the horrors within our own hearts, but we can better prepare the coming generations-our own children- for the hardships life will inevitably throw at them. The scholarship application can be found HERE.
Glass City Federal Credit Union
The Glass City Federal Credit Union is awarding five scholarships to area students -- one in the amount of $2,500 and four in the amount of $1,000. Please note that students are eligible to apply for a Glass City Federal scholarship if they meet all of the following criteria: will be attending a 2- to 4- year accredited post-secondary institution in the 2021-22 school year; is a member of Glass City Federal (or a parent, step-parent, or legal guardian is a member); submits their completed application and required essay by March 31, 2021. The scholarship application can be found HERE.
Greater Toledo Community Foundation
GTCF manages the competitive process of more than 60 scholarship opportunities which includes everything from the creation of applications to making the scholarship payments. This past year we launched a new Scholarship Portal which includes a universal application that allows students to apply to over 40 scholarship opportunities by completing a single application. The universal application not only decreases the redundancy of completing multiple applications, but it also matches applicants to opportunities they may be eligible for. No more searching and reading through endless criteria. It is important to note that all scholarship opportunities included on the universal application have a deadline of February 11, 2021. The scholarship link can be found HERE.
The Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. Scholarship
Please follow this link for the online application: http://axl1906.org/scholarship/
Applications are due by December 11th.
The Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. Scholarship provides scholarship dollars up to the amount of $2,500 to be used toward institutional charges beginning Fall Semester 2021. The award is split up into two separate disbursements. The following conditions apply:
- Recipients must be an African-American or Latino-American male to receive this award.
- Students must be a high school senior from Northwest Ohio**
- Recipients must be enrolled full-time to receive this award*
- Recipients must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 or higher to receive this award.
- Recipients must provide final grades after Fall Semester in order to receive disbursement of award in the Spring Semester 2021.
- Recipients must participate in an interview (invite only).
- Recipients must attend the 2021 MLK Scholarship Breakfast to receive the award.
- Recipients must participate in service and leadership activities in high school and in the community.
- Recipients must submit two (2) letters of recommendation which must be from non-family members such as a school counselor, teacher, pastor, or mentor.
- Applicants must describe in a short essay (500 words, double-spaced) their reflections on the ideals and philosophies of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and how they have attempted to emulate these qualities in their lives.
Below you will find a list of 15 Scholarship Programs that will give out more than 700 Individual Scholarship Awards during the 2020 school year. Students in the WLS district are eligible for all awards below.
The scholarship deadlines are from October 31st to December 31st.
1) SP Scholarship - $10,000 - 10 Awards (Deadline: October 31, 2020) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be a high school student planning to attend college in September 2021. B) Answer the Essay question on the sponsors website. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/14870/sp_high_school_scholarship_scholarship.php
2) Opportunity for Black Women Scholarship - $1,000 - 1 Award (Deadline: November 11, 2020) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be a high school senior or currently in college. B) Be a black woman in any field of study. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/17767/opportunity_for_black_women_scholarship_scholarship.php
3) Elks Most Valuable Student Competition - $50,000 - 500 Awards (Deadline: November 15, 2020) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be any high school senior who is a citizen of the United States is eligible to apply. B) Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/9716/elks_most_valuable_student_competition_scholarship.php
4) Overachievers Student Grant - $15,000 – 1 Award (Deadline: November 15, 2020) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be in middle school or high school. B) Be a person who is making a difference in others' lives outside of the classroom. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/14651/overachievers_student_grant_scholarship.php
5) James Cox Student Photography Scholarships - $2,500 - 11 Awards (Deadline: November 15, 2020) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) High school students applying for these scholarships must have completed one year at an accredited high school (student must therefore be a sophomore or older) and should have taken at least one photography or related art class. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/9451/james_alan_cox_student_photography_scholarships_scholarship.php
6) Dr. Juan Andrade Jr. Scholarship - $1,000 - 20 Awards (Deadline: November 30, 2020) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as full-time undergraduate students, in an accredited institution in the U.S. or U.S. territories, and demonstrate a verifiable need for financial support. B) Have at least one parent of Hispanic ancestry. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/9600/dr_juan_andrade_jr_scholarship_scholarship.php
7) Driver Education Initiative Scholarship - $500 - 6 Awards (Deadline: November 30, 2020) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be currently enrolled in either High School, University or College as a full-time student (2020-2021 school year). B) Submit an essay demonstrating knowledge on the topic of Safe Driving. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/13896/driver_education_initiative_scholarship_scholarship.php
8) Barbara Lotze Scholarships for Future Teachers - $2,000 – 5 Awards (Deadline: December 1, 2020) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) An undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited two-year college, four-year college or a university; or a high school senior accepted for such enrollment. B) Pursuing, or planning to pursue, a course of study leading toward a career in physics teaching in the high schools. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/9561/barbara_lotze_scholarships_for_future_teachers_scholarship.php
9) Lamber-Goodnow Scholarships - $1,000 – 8 Awards (Deadline: December 1, 2020) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be an innovative and highly creative high school or college student. B) Submit an essay that can demonstrate that you are a creative thinker and problem solver. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/12176/lamber_goodnow_scholarships_scholarship.php
10) National Space Club Scholarship - $10,000 - 1 Award (Deadline: December 2, 2020) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be a senior in high school. B) Have the intention of pursuing a career in the STEM fields. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/12191/national_space_club_scholarship_scholarship.php
11) Make the U Scholarship - $1,000 – 100 Awards (Deadline: December 6, 2020) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Show academic excellence. B) Demonstrate dedication to community service. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/12459/make_the_u_scholarship_scholarship.php
12) Thiel High School Fellowship - $100,000 - 30 Awards (Deadline: December 31, 2020) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be under the age of 22. B) Be interested in designing and building things. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/14065/thiel_fellowship_scholarship.php
13) Wealth Wise Scholarship - $1,000 - 1 Award (Deadline: December 31, 2020) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be planning a major of study that supports a career in the finance industry (e.g., finance, business, accounting, mathematics, management, and other related majors). Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/15171/wealth_wise_scholarship_scholarship.php
14) Knight Essay Scholarship - $5,000 - 3 Awards (Deadline: December 31, 2020) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be a US resident attending public, parochial, private or home school. B) Be currently in grades 9-12. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/9437/knight_essay_scholarship_scholarship.php
15) Easton / NFAA Scholarship Program - $5,000 - 5 Awards (Deadline: December 31, 2020) To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) High school applicants must be applying to be full time students at a two or four-year college/university or a technical training college. Applications can be found by going to: https://www.studentscholarships.org/scholarship/12654/easton_nfaa_scholarship_program_scholarship.php
The Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs
The Horatio Alger Association offers one of the largest need-based college scholarship programs in the country. The Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs specifically assist high school students who've faced and overcome great obstacles in their young lives. While many programs are primarily focused on recognizing academic achievement or leadership potential, they seek students who have exhibited determination, integrity, and perseverance in overcoming adversity, as well as have critical financial need.
The application period for high school seniors pursuing bachelor's degree programs ends October 25.? The application for career and technical education is open until August 15; this is for students pursuing associate degrees or technical certifications.
For more information, visit their website.
The William D. Squires Scholarship
(20) $5,000 Wiliam D. Squires Scholarships are being offered to Ohio seniors this year! This scholarship is renewable with a potential value of $20,000!
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Eligibility is based on financial need. The EFC on your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) must be less than $7,000 to apply.
Applicants must already know their career goal.
Applicants must be highly motivated and of good character.
Applicants must show academic promise. A minimum 3.2 GPA.
If you are able to check off each box and feel you are a great candidate, please apply for this scholarship. The Foundation would love to help you follow your dreams!
Scholarship application and detailed information is available at http://www.wmdsquiresfoundation.org
Applications are being accepted from February 15th through April 5th.