Updated July 30, 2020
What technology will we be able to use for recording video / pictures for class assignments?
- Chromebooks have a built in camera app that can record both pictures and videos. All of these images and videos can then be uploaded into your Google Drive to be used in Google Classroom lessons.
Are chromebooks provided to student in the Panther Virtual Academy?
- Student in the Panther Virtual Academy will continue to use their 1-to-1 devices. If a student does not yet has a 1-to-1 device, such as students entering grade K - 4, those students will be issued a chromebook.
There are problems with our student’s chromebook. What should we do?
- Each building will have its own procedure and location for issuing replacement chromebooks.
- The only chromebooks that should be turned in for repair are those that do not function, are missing keys, have a broken screen, do not charge, or some other problem that makes it impossible to use the chromebook. Cosmetic damage is not a reason to submit a chromebook for repair.
My student’s chromebook works but it looks really old. Why is it not being replaced?
- The district needs to get a minimum of five years worth of use out of every chromebook. The district will re-circulate chromebooks to the students as long as a model still works with state testing. Once a model needs to be replaced the district forces a special login screen that asks the student to ask for a replacement.
What happens when my student turns in a chromebook for repairs?
- First, it is always best to purchase the insurance at the start of every school year. A $15 investment in insurance will reduce the repair charges by 50%. You will save money with the first broken screen because the cost for insurance plus the screen is $40. The cost for a screen without insurance is $50.
- The building will issue a replacement unit.
- The technology department will pick up the unit and evaluate the problem.
- If the problem requires a replacement part (or the unit is a total loss) the tech will log what is done.
- A charge (after checking for insurance) will be added to the student’s fee account in PowerSchool
Do chrome books come with a mouse?
- No, however a student can ask their teacher to request one.
What if we have a problem with internet access at home?
- Please contact your student's home building principal.
What should parents or students do if they have a question?
- Please use the Chromebook Question Form to submit your question.