Greenwood Elementary School Counselors:
Mrs. Stephanie Moore
SCHOOL COUNSELORS HELP BY:
- Promoting positive attitudes among students towards self, family, peers and community.
- Assisting students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.
- Develop and delivering classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as decision making, resolving, conflict and respecting others.
- Working with students, parents and school staff to identify learning needs and to design interventions to enhance student success.
- Helping students to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
- Counseling with students individually and in groups.
- Providing support during a personal crisis.
- Working with students on attendance issues.
- Coordinating referrals to outside agencies.
- Developing student career awareness.
- Helping to create a safe and positive learning experience.
GROWING UP ISN'T EASY! HERE ARE SOME OF THE TOPICS THAT CAN BE DISCUSS DURING COUNSELING:
- Making friends
- Liking myself
- Getting along with others
- Parents' divorce
- Being a "new kid"
- Learning and responsibility
- Death and dying
- Sexual abuse
- Moving away
- Being honest
- Drug and alcohol abuse
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about Greenwood's counseling services, please don't hesitate to contact us at 419-473-8261.
For technical questions and comments regarding this website, including accessibility concerns, please contact the Webmaster.